Friday, June 15, 2012

Decorative Candy Holders

I got the idea for this brilliant project from The Wood Connection, this cute little crafty wood shop in American Fork. Here are all the supplies. 

3 Wooden Plaques, 2 small and one medium - Hobby Lobby
3 wooden candle sticks - Wood Connection
3 glass jars with lids - Hobby Lobby
3 knobs - Wood connection
I added in the soccer balls for extra texture on the top of the lids - Hobby Lobby
Gorilla Glue - any craft store
All you really need is paint of some kind.
The rest are just extra's to make things look extra nice (wood filler, puddy knife and sandpaper)
Yup folks that's it and it cost me about $17 for everything. If you do this make sure you use coupons! 


 Step 1: Glue candle sticks on plaques and knobs on lids using gorilla glue. Gorilla glue expands quite a bit so use it sparingly or you will have a mess to clean up when it dries. Let sit and dry for at least an hour.

Step 2 (optional): I don't know if this actually helped in the end or not but I already had the wood filler so I decided it couldn't hurt. I filled the holes in the candle sticks with wood filler to increase the surface area that would be glued to the glass jars. 

 Step 3: Spray paint or use a paint brush to acheive desired color. Let dry.
Step 4: Glue the glass jars onto the painted candle sticks. Let dry. I used a level to make sure that mine were glued on evenly.

Step 5: Fill, decorate, and enjoy! I have yet to put anything in mine but as soon as I do I will post a few pictures. But I plan on filling them with candy, ornaments, rocks, maybe candles or other fun colorful things for the different holidays and seasons.


I am totally please with how they turned out! I can't take all the credit though because Mr. Man helped me out for quite a few things. He even suggested we go to The Wood Connection and get the candle sticks because he knew how excited I was about doing this project! Mr. Man is so wonderful!



3 comments:

  1. This is so neat Chelsie! You make me want to go out and make that... I might just do it!
    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chelsie! I love them!!! i soooo want to make this!! like i really really want to make these, but for my table instead. can you help me??? maybe if we hang out one of these days!

    and what an amazing memorial day weekend! that is the best way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out awesome! I want some.

    ReplyDelete