Friday, June 15, 2012

Memorial Day Celebration

So before John up and went to help his sister in Missouri we started planning a couples weekend up in Midway over Memorial weekend. But then he wasn't going to be there and I wasn't so sure I wanted to host a couples party without my other half. But after I talked with one of my best friends Amberlyn she helped me decide to do it. So what the heck if I was the 15th wheel... So a bunch of us headed up there on Sunday afternoon/evening. And just that morning John called me and told me the awesome news. He was going to be home that night!!! So thank goodness he didn't miss out on all the fun with our friends and I got to have my better half with me!

Let's start from the beginning. Katie and Dave were in charge of breakfast and she made homemade whole wheat waffles with strawberries and whip cream and syrup! Delicious
Austin enjoying the goods

My besties, Ashly and Berlin! 

Then we played some bball! Yes even the prego lady played although I was AWFUL!
Katie was elected the MVP for our team and of course we won! She shocked us with her awesome skills until she rolled her ankle...

Left to Right: David Lane, Kiersten, Austen, Kyrie, Katie, Jared K., David Patty, John, Chase
Then we went down to the clubhouse where we played ping pong, around the world ping pong, fuss ball, and pool.
This is during around the world and we were the last three in and  of course there are the Wildes...being  wild of course
Dave Patty and Kiersten Lane
Ashley and Jared, such a cute couple!
Christina and Jeremy didn't stay the night but they came up Monday and enjoyed all the festivities with us.
David so sad he lost
Then we had the most AMAZING barbecue ever! Grilled chicken paninis, watermelon, roasted corn on the cob, potato wedges, potato salad, and lots of other stuff. We had tons of people and tons of food!


Left to Right: Katie Patty, David & Kiersten Lane, Chase & Amberlyn Weed, Jeremy & Christina Pendleton, Ashly Nixon
After lunch we went swimming at the pool and played an epic game of football! It was an awesome Memorial Day and an awesome weekend. John and I talk about it all the time about how blessed we are to have such awesome and amazing friends! Thanks everybody for showing up and making it so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment