Sunday, May 6, 2012

Treats and Good Eats

For those of you who don't know I love to cook but I still have so much to learn but here are a few of our experiments so far.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle
Delicious, looks amazing and it's so easy to make

Pizza Crust
Delicious, still pretty easy but it takes some time, also I lost the recipe so as delicious as this was and looks we won't ever have it again! PS both these recipes, the crust and the triffle, I got off of pinterest. That is my number one favorite use of pinterest. Finding fun new recipes!

Valentines Day Steak
This was my first endeavor at making stake before and it turned out AWESOME! I surprised Mr. Man with a candlelit dinner, with an all american meal. Steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and of course some of his favorite chocolate candies. 

John loved the steak! All I did was punch a bunch of holes in both sides with a fork, marinated it in soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and some seasoning salt overnight. First I turned the oven to 400 degrees then I used my cephalon pan and got the pan hot on the stove then seared each side of the steak for about 90 seconds. After both were seared I placed my whole cephalon pan (oven safe by the way) into the oven. John's was in there for about 7 and mine for about 9 minutes. He likes his a little more colorful if you know what I mean. 

Banana Bread
I've tried about 5 different recipes of banana bread over the past few years and this has been my favorite by far. Sadly I didn't take a picture of my own banana bread but here is the picture from the website I got the recipe from. 

Oh and the recipe of course!
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla then continue beating until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and fresh nutmeg together, mix well.
Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and slather with butter. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Lookd yummy! When you coming over to cook for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job with the cooking! they all look delicious! i have an awesome banana bread recipe too if you wanna try it out. my sis in law ditched hers for this one and loves it!

    ReplyDelete