Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hiking/ Bath Time/ Isn't she cute?

Man pose...I wouldn't expect anything less from John
John and I are out of shape. In three weeks we are going on a backpacking trip to Havasupai with Dan and Janessa. Needless to say we have been trying to do something to get us more in shape so we don't DIE when we go on our trip. So on Saturday we decided that hiking the Y was a good idea. For anyone who has hiked the Y you know it is hard but doable without carrying a baby on your back. We started our journey up and after a few switchbacks we switched Belle from John to me and made it a few more switch backs. Sadly we didn't made it a little over halfway and then turned around. I would like to say it was all Anabelle's fault because she was getting fussy...but we all know both me and John wanted to turn around because we were tired! 

My cute baby girl. Thanks Mom Wilde for the cute Hat!
The week after we hiked the Y we successfully hiked the whole way to and from Stewart Falls with Anabelle. She fell asleep in the pack on the way back. It was adorable. But we definitely need to get a better hiking backpack if we want to do more hiking with Belle. When she fell asleep we had to put a blanket behind her head to keep her head from bending backwards at what looked like to be a very uncomfortable angle. Every few minutes I would have to readjust the blanket, the pack and her head to make sure she was held tight to John's back. It was quite annoying and kept us from going very quickly. 

 Just look at this! I couldn't resist taking a picture because I thought this was so funny! Babies sure make every dull moment of your life dissapear and they fill it with all kinds of fun, light, and laughter! So glad we were blessed with this beautiful baby girl! Almost everynight after we've put Belle to bed John tells me, "Man, I just love that girl so much!" It's a good life!

 These were taken at a Park near the riverwoods. It was a Sunday afternoon and we wanted to go on a walk! We ended up walking around this park and then sitting under the shade of a tree chatting. Sometimes it's the simplest things that make the best memories. I cherish all those times me and John have sat on that blanket our on the grass talking, laughing and getting to know each other better! Now we get to have Belle with us and just look how cute she is! Although all the picutres I have of her she looks like she is scowling....MOM why are you taking my picture....AGAIN!



4 comments:

  1. Anabelle is adorable!!! I'm glad you decided to start blogging again, especially since you'll be in a different state soon! We sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Those EYES! Those LIPS!! That baby girl is a complete knockout!!! Your photography is great, Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsie thank you so much for this blog, for writing and posting pictures. I LOVE it.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete