Friday, June 7, 2013

Women's Trip 2013

Women's Trip has been a tradition on my mom's side of the family since my mom was a teenager. So almost 40 years! It started with my grandma and her sister and their daughters. Soon it grew into grown daughters and daughter in laws. Before long there kids had their own daughters and daughter in laws. A few years back we split for ease of planning and coordinating and now their are two groups. My Grandmother Whites and Aunt Shirley's. This year we happened to plan our trips on the same week! So we got together for lunch one day and reminisced and took pictures. 

There are a few rules for Women's Trip. You have to be at least 16 and no babies allowed. Sometimes that means we miss someone one year, or they can only come for a day or two but they always make it back the next. Since we have been holding Women's Trip in St. George for years now quite a few traditions have developed. We shop, eat, read, sit by he pool, watch movies, and shop and eat! We always go to Brick Oven and usually the Pizza Factory. It really is an awesome tradition bringing the women in our family close. here are a few pictures of some of the fun!
1st Generation: My Grandma White and her younger sister  Auntie Shirley!
2nd Generation: The cousins! Both grandma's daughters
Everybody! On the Left is Grandma White's side, left in my Auntie Shirley's side


My mamma and her sister Aunt Tracy! 


Sisters!!! Love them! Left-Right: Me, Brooke, Mom, Brit, Tiff

Me and my beautiful Mamma!
Good ole Brick Oven! Left to Right: Aunt Kristine, CC, Aunt Tracy, Jessica, Brooke, me, Tiffany, Grandma White, my Mamma, Aunt Cindy, Britany
My Aunt Tracy's famous caramel apples...seriously amazing. Don't be jealous because you want some!


No comments:

Post a Comment