Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Joys of Separation

A few days ago John found out that it has possibly been costing him $0.40 a minute to talk to me on the phone from Hawaii because of roaming charges so we stopped talking on the phone. Which has lead to almost no communication because of the time difference and schedule difference. We have been able to g-chat twice but only for a few minutes both times because John had to go. It’s been really frustrating and hard and I miss John a ton. But tomorrow morning I leave for Blackpool England and hopefully being away and busy with other things will help me not remember how hard it is not to be with him.

It sure seems like something does not want us to be together because so many things are trying to keep us apart. It was almost funny when we found out we couldn’t talk on the phone anymore. It was almost like, yeah we should have expected that to go wrong too. But within the hardship and the unexpected twists and turns it really does allow the room to learn and to grow.

Although these past few weeks have been really tough, the distance and space has been good for me to realize what John really means to me. I am so grateful for him in my life and I am so grateful Heavenly Father allowed our paths to cross at the right time. He is a wonderful man and I feel so lucky to be able to build a healthy and loving relationship with him.

I miss you John way more than I expected to and I can’t wait till we are together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment