Thursday, May 20, 2010

Why John can't be with Chelsie right now...

So the main reason why I am stuck in California is because of the previously mentioned surgery on my left knee. My medial meniscus was torn in both the posterior and anterior horns. Removal of the torn portions was done by means of arthroscopy. For those who don't speak doctor, the cushioning tissue between the bones in my knee was torn and they needed to remove the damaged portions by sticking a small camera and other tools in my leg to dig it all out. It's a super cool procedure, so if you have a chance to see one, don't miss it! The pain has been pretty bearable (at least no vicodin) which is great, but the surgery left me a little constricted. I had to keep my knee elevated and hobble around on crutches for a few days. I'm not a big fan of crutches so I find myself just gimping around instead. Chelsie isn't here to see what it has been like so I thought I would post some pictures of it all.




















After a few days with relatively quick recuperation, we took off the bandages and saw the infection free incisions! Arthroscopy is very cool! (I hope this image is not too graphic...)

I can't wait to be 100% again and be able to do all the things on our bucket list with Chelsie! But mainly I just can't wait to be with Chelsie again. Wups... is that allowed?

No comments:

Post a Comment